Common Ground Ecovillage is a growing intentional community with a deep commitment to both environmental and social justice. We focus on cooperative living and regenerative agriculture and forestry. Guided by the principles of sociocracy, and located on 100+ acres of meadow and woodland, our goal is to develop a space where we can provide for ourselves and our families while giving back to the land and the larger communities that sustain us. It will be a rural village; a close community with space to roam for folks of all ages and walks of life.
Check out this month’s Almanac (newsletter) for a current snapshot of what we’re up to and what’s coming!
Community celebrations, music, movement, and meals. Shared work on the land. Creativity. Opportunities to produce much of our own food, fiber, and energy. These are all part of our vision. We also recognize, however, that alongside healing the land, we must address the inequities and injustices that have limited access to land and inclusive community for far too long. (Please see our community guidelines, which include our anti-racism and inclusivity principles and intentions [4, 10, 23, 28] for more on this important work.)
Community features will include:
▪ A cooperatively-owned and compact village offering 30-45 flexible homes
▪ A common house for shared meals and celebrations
▪ 112 beautiful acres including gardens and orchard, meadows and pasture, streams and pond, and woodlands with hiking trails
▪ Less than 30 minutes from the vibrant metro areas of Durham, Chapel Hill, and Greensboro
▪ On-site renewables, efficient natural buildings, and a car-free village center
We are actively seeking new members. Please get in touch if you could see yourself as part of this shared vision.
We have monthly open houses on the land. Write to us for details about the next one.